Be yourselves sessions tips
Here's a few hints that will help you to get ready for your session.
Remember one thing. It's all about you two enjoying each-other's company. This is what I want to capture.
- Wear comfortable clothes: You'll look the way you feel and I want you to feel good and confident.
- Wear things that are 'you': Wear your favourite clothes, favourite colours and accessories and coordinate them.
- Simplify: Less is more.
- Dress for season and location: Unless this is the plan - wear clothes that fit the place and surrounding of the shoot.
- Pick colours that compliment you: If you have light skin, white clothing can wash out your complexion in photographs. Have you got big blue eyes? How about blue accent and complimentary colours?
- Accessorize: Bring a small bag with an extra hat, scarf, glasses or a jumper - anything that is easily carried and changed.
- Make-up: If you're wearing any - classic and simple. Make sure it's freshly applied. We'll have a quick make - up check mid session to make sure everything looks the way it should.
- Colours: Cheat a little by coordinating colours. This website is a great tool for picking colours that go very well together.
- This is for those who want to take it to the next level: 3 ways to dress for your body type: "The key is to know your proportions, and use fashion to accentuate your best features--and hide everything else!" There is a section for men as well.
What NOT to wear:
- Too trendy: Trendy look today will be out of fashion in a year.
- Anything glaring, fluorescent, with big logo's, emblems, patterns and writing: They all would become the centre-piece of every photo and make it really hard to focus on you.
- Pure white or pure black. Pure white is too bright and doesn't photograph well. Go light instead of white and dark instead of black.
- Too casual, baggy, poorly fitted. Self explanatory really :)
- Yes :) Do you go cycling together? Well, you can bring your bicycles. Go on picnics? Let's have a picnic than. Love reading together? Bring your favourite books. Collect wine? Bring a bottle. He plays guitar - bring a guitar :) Cool looking cars or motorcycles? Definitely. Just let me know in advance.